The Meru Betiri National Park Tour is a chance to visit the fabled refuge of the Javan Tiger and a famous nesting beach for sea turtles. During the Two Day One Night Eco Tour you will take an adventurous off road jeep ride through the jungles and rivers of Meru Betiri National Park. You will take a midnight trek to Sukamade Beach where you can see the sea turtles that come to lay their eggs. On the final day of the tour you can release baby turtles from the turtle hatchery into the sea.
Visiting Meru National Park is a chance to take an off road adventure through some of the most beautiful landscapes in Java. The cost for the two-day one-night Meru Betiri National Park Tour is Rp 3,950,000 all inclusive. The price of the tour is based on two participants, but can be adapted for larger groups. Review the itinerary of the Meri Betiri Tour before clicking on the button below to make a booking.
– 3 hour drive to Meru Betiri National Park
– Check into your accommodation very close to/in Meru Betiri National Park (it is going to be a basic accommodation)
– Visit Sukamade Beach and see the turtles (activity usually start at 7-8 pm). You will go to the beach and wait for the turtle(s) to come (nature dependant)
– Trek through Meru Betiri National Park to Teluk Hijau (Green Bay), see Palm Sugar or Latex factory, and see the dragon fruit fields
– Leave the National Park on the second day for the drive back to Banyuwangi
– Drop off at your hotel in Banyuwangi by 4:00 pm at the latest
*Price for 1 person is Rp 3,450,000
*Please get in touch to know price for more than 2 people
*For larger groups please make an enquiry
– Basic accommodation in Meru Betiri National Park
– Entrance and activities fees in Meru Betiri National Park
– Meals. Day 1: Lunch and Dinner, day 2: Breakfast and Lunch
– English speaking guide
You’ll Always Remember
- Taking a 4×4 tour through Meru Betiri National Park.
- Exploring the tropical rain-forest and isolated beaches.
- Seeing turtles crawl up Sukamade Beach to lay eggs and baby turtle release.
What to Expect
The Meru Betiri National Park Tour starts in the morning. You will be picked up from your hotel at 9:00 am. It is a three hour drive from Banyuwangi to Meru Betiri National Park. On the way to the national park you will drive through rubber and cacao plantations. On the edge of the National Park the road turns into little more than a dirt track. It’s a slow bumpy ride through the National Park to Sukamade Beach.
When you arrive at Sukamade Beach you will check into your homestay and have some lunch. You will have the afternoon free to explore the area. In the evening, you will join a tour of Sukamade Beach to watch turtles come to lay their eggs. The turtle watching ends at midnight, though you can return to your room earlier if you are tired.
The second day of the Meru Betiri National Park Tour starts early. You will wake up at 6:00 am and return to Sukamade Beach where you can release baby turtles into the ocean. After visiting the beach you have breakfast and then go on a trek through the coastal rain forest to visit Teluk Hijau. This is the last activity of the day. After the trek the driver will take you back to Banyuwangi. You will be dropped off at your hotel by 4:00 pm at the latest.
The Meru Betiri National Park Tour is a chance to visit one of the most isolated National Parks on Java. The landscape of the National Park is beautiful and the chance to see turtles coming up on to the beach to lay their eggs is something that you will always remember. Fill in the form below to book the Meru Betiri National Park Tour.
We are a family of 5 people (2 adults and 3 children of 16, 14 and 10 yrs).
We would like to visit the Meru Betiri NP. We would leave from Banyuwangi and stay over one night in the NP and than return to Banyuwangi. Most probably the timing would be the 17th – 18h of August.
Could you pls send us your best price offer and clearly indicate what is included and excluded ?
Is it possible to do some jungle trekking (by foot) ?
I have sent an email 2 days ago. Hope you receive it ok.
Is there a phone number where we can reach you? Thanks in advance!
Hi Esther, I have sent you an email. Look forward to hearing back from you.
I’ve send a booking request, 2 days ago if I’m not mistaking, but haven’t received any reception confirmation message nor answer yet. Should I send you another form to book our tour ?
It was for 2 people on the 19/05.
Thanks in advance for your answer !