Our 3-Day 2-Night Bromo Ijen Tour is a chance to see the natural highlights of East Java. Over three days you visit Bromo, Madakaripura Waterfall and Ijen crater. You will watch sunrise from the viewpoint overlooking Bromo crater, take a 4×4 jeep on an off road adventure through one of the most beautiful national parks in Indonesia and visit Madakaripura Waterfall before finally taking a midnight tour of Ijen to see the electric blue flames and the turquoise crater lake.
Mount Bromo and Ijen tour is an all-inclusive package. Accommodation and transport in East Java are included in the price. We also run Ijen Bromo tours and the itinerary is the reverse. The price for the Bromo to Ijen Tour is Rp 7,300,000 for two people. See the table below to review the itinerary. Due to the high number of orders the Bromo and Ijen tour is subject to availability. To find out if we have a driver available on your travel date press the ‘book now’ button. We will update you regarding availability.
– Visit Madakaripura Waterfall
– Stay in Hotel Lava View Hotel overlooking Mt Bromo or Bromo Park Hotel in Probolinggo or similar
– Watch sunrise over Bromo and then trekking to the Bromo crater
– Transfer to car for visit to Madakaripura Waterfall (if you don’t visit on day 1)
– 7 hour drive to Banyuwangi where you will stay the night
– Stay in Hotel Santika or similar
– Watch the blue flames of Ijen and see sunrise
– Drop off at Ketapang Port, Banyuwangi if you want to continue your trip to Bali OR return to Surabaya (Banyuwangi to Surabaya is 7-8 hours journey)
– Rp 7,300,000 for 2 people
*For larger groups please enquire.
From August-December is a peak season, please get in touch with us for the quotation.
– 4×4 jeep rental at Bromo volcano
– Entrance tickets to Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park and Madakaripura Waterfall (includes motorbike taxi and a local guide for Madakaripura Waterfall)
– Entrance ticket to Ijen
– Guide for Ijen trek
– One night accommodation at Lava View Lodge or similar, Bromo (breakfast is included)
– One night accommodation at Kokoon Hotel Banyuwangi or similar, Banyuwangi (breakfast is included). If your pick up and drop off point for the program is Surabaya, then you’ll stay at Ijen View Hotel or similar in Bondowoso.
You’ll Always Remember
- The electric blue flames of Ijen Crater
- Picturesque view of sunrise over Bromo Volcano
- Visiting the hidden falls of Madakaripura
What to Expect
On the first day of the Mount Bromo and Ijen Tour your private driver will meet you at either the train station or airport in Surabaya, Malang or Probolinggo. The driver will take you to your hotel. After checking into the hotel you will have the afternoon free to explore on your own.
The second day of the Bromo and Ijen Tour starts before sunrise. You will be picked up from your hotel in your jeep at 3:30 am. The driver will take you to the viewpoint on Mount Penanjakan/King Kong Hill or Bukit Cinta where you can watch sunrise. After the sun is up you will be driven to the base of Bromo Volcano. It’s a 25-40 minute walk and hike to the top of the crater.
After exploring Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park you visit Madakaripura waterfall. The waterfall is in the highlands of East Java and is located at the end of a canyon. To reach the waterfall you need to take a short trek from the car park. It takes about an hour to explore the falls (you can take a swim if you want, but it is cold). Get ready to get wet on the waterfall visit. Afterwards the driver will take you on the seven-hour drive from Bromo to Banyuwangi. You will arrive at Santika Banyuwangi in the evening.
The final day of the Bromo and Ijen Tour is another early start. You will wake up at midnight or 1:00 am for the drive to Ijen crater. It is a 45-minute drive from Banyuwangi to Ijen trek base (Paltuding). From the base camp you will need to follow the path to the top of Ijen Crater then a 1-2.5 hour trek to the summit of the volcano. With the Ijen Midnight Tour it’s possible to see the blue flames of Ijen, caused by sulphur gas catching alight. When the sun rises the blue flames disappear and are replaced by the turquoise Crater Lake. At the end of the tour the driver will bring you back to Ketapang Port, Banyuwangi so you can take the ferry to Bali. He can also bring you back to Surabaya, Malang or Probolinggo should you choose.
The Mount Bromo Ijen Tour offers you the chance to visit the natural highlights of East Java. Over three days you will visit Bromo National Park, Madakaripura Waterfall and Ijen.
Bromo is an active volcano. We do monitor the volcanic activity at the crater. Sometimes people are not allowed to visit the crater when the authorities request the visitors to be 1-3 km away from the crater. You can still enjoy the amazing landscape of Bromo. When access to Bromo is closed for a number of days, and we know this is the case, we will inform you about the situation.
Ijen is also an active volcano. There is always the possibility that visitors will not be allowed to enter the crater due to high levels of volcanic activity (suspected poison gas). A perimeter of 1 km from the crater is sometimes put in place. When this occurs you can still see the Blue Fire from afar and enjoy the scenic views surrounding Ijen.
Nature is unpredictable. Sometimes the authorities take precautions for your safety. Obviously, this isn’t something we can control, but we will update you regarding the situation as the date of your trip gets closer.
This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.