Our 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Tour is perfect for families with young kids and couples. Over three days you’ll join a batik workshop, visit Prambanan, watch 300 dancers perform Ramayana Ballet under a star filled sky and take a 4×4 jeep tour of the slopes of Merapi Volcano. The highlights of the package are watching sunrise from the top of Borobudur temple and lowering yourself 60 meters into a sinkhole and explore the underground caves of Goa Jomblang.
The 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Family Package starts at Rp 5,575,000 for two people. We can easily arrange the trip for larger groups and we’re happy to create a customised itinerary. The package includes a three day car rental with an English speaking driver. The cost of the batik workshop, tickets to Ramayana Ballet, Borobudur Temple and Goa Jomblang caving are covered. You can find the itinerary and more information about the package in the table below. When you’re ready to book just click on the button to make your booking.
– 2 hour batik workshop.
– Visit Sambisari Temple in the afternoon.
– Go to Prambanan Temple for sunset.
– Ramayana Ballet.
Choose One Afternoon Activity:
– Cave tubing at Gua Pindul
– Light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall
– See Gondola at Timang Beach
– Visit the Ullen Sentalu Museum.
– Join the Merapi Lava Tour in the afternoon.
– Drop off max at 3:30 pm.
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,525,000 per person.
*For more than 4 people, please get in touch through email.
– The batik workshop.
– Special/Khusus tickets for Ramayana Ballet (tickets can be changed).
– Jeep rental for Mount Merapi Lava Tour (up to 4 passengers per jeep).
– Guide and entrance ticket for Goa Jomblang caving.
– Entrance ticket to Borobudur Manohara (Official Price).
– Tickets to Prambanan. USD 25 for an adult and USD 15 for a child and student.
– Entrance ticket to Water Palace and Sambisari Temple. Cost per person Rp 40,000.
– Entrance fee to Ullen Sentalu Museum.
One Activity Afternoon Day 3
– Ticket price for Gua Pindul cave tubing (Rp 110,000 per person for tubing activity and retribution).
– Trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano (around Rp 30,000 per person).
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall (Rp 45,000 per person).
You’ll Always Remember
- 300 dancers perform a centuries old love story under an open sky.
- Standing between the Buddha stuppas on the top of Borobudur.
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into Gua Jomblang.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
What to Expect
This 3 Day 2 Night Tour will keep the whole family entertained. On the first day of the tour you visit a small village on the outskirts of Yogyakarta to join a batik workshop. During the workshop you’ll learn about the history of batik and traditional batik production. You’ll also create your own piece of batik. In the afternoon you’ll visit Prambanan and then watch a performance of the Ramayana Ballet, an ancient love story.
On the second day you are picked up by your driver from your hotel at 4 am for Borobudur sunrise. Arriving while it is still dark you’ll watch sunrise from between Buddha Stuppas on the top of Borobudur Temple. After exploring the temple you’ll visit the peaceful Ullen Sentalu Museum. You can have lunch a nice lunch at the cafe after the museum tour. In the late afternoon you join the Merapi Lava Tour, an off road jeep adventure, on the slopes of Merapi Volcano.
Goa Jomblang Caves is the highlight of the third day of the 3 Day 2 Night Family Tour. To start the caving you are lowered 60 meters over the edge of a cliff into a hidden jungle. You’ll then trek more than 100 meters underground to Grubug Cave. The cave is as big as a cathedral and in the morning a beam of sunlight enters through a hole in the roof. It’s an Instagram moment.
If you’re travelling with your family or looking for a relaxed itinerary that mixes culture and adventure you’ve found it. On our 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Family Tour offers you’ll visit the most famous historical highlights of the city, take a 4×4 jeep tour on the slopes of Mt Merapi and go caving. This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests, however it needs to be booked early. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.