Our 3 Day 2 Night Explorer Tour is for outdoor adventurers who want to see the natural and historical highlights of Yogyakarta. Over three days you’ll explore the ancient temples of Borobudur and Prambanan, join an overnight hike to the top of Merapi Volcano, watch 300 dancers perform Ramayana Ballet under the night stars and lower yourself 60 meters down into a sinkhole to explore the picturesque Goa Jomblang cave.
The 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Explorer Package starts at Rp 4,150,000 for two people. We can easily arrange the trip for larger groups and we’re happy to create a customised itinerary. The package includes a two day car rental with an English speaking driver. Tickets to Ramayana Ballet, hiking Merapi Volcano and Goa Jomblang caving are covered in the price. You can find the itinerary and more information about the package in the table below. When you’re ready to book just click on the button to make your booking.
– Visit Sambisari Temple.
– Explore Prambanan Temple.
– Afternoon at Borobudur Temple
– Drop off at your hotel. We suggest max at 3 pm so you can have rest before the hike.
– Overnight hike up Merapi Volcano.
– Pick up around 6pm. Watch the Ramayana Ballet in the evening (shared transport). Based on your hotel location since shared transport has pick up area.
– Drop off at hotel 10:30 pm after the performance.
– Go caving at Goa Jomblang.
Choose One Afternoon Activity:
– Cave tubing at Gua Pindul
– Light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano.
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall
– See Gondola at Timang Beach
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,325,000 per person.
– Guide and entrance ticket for hiking Mount Merapi.
– Special/Khusus tickets for Ramayana Ballet (tickets can be changed) with shared transport.
– Entrance ticket and guide for Gua Jomblang.
– Ticket for Borobudur and Prambanan USD 25 per temple for an adult and USD 15 per temple for a child and student (Official Website).
One Activity Afternoon Day 3
– Ticket price for Gua Pindul cave tubing (Rp 110,000 per person for tubing activity and retribution).
– Entrance ticket for Trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano (around Rp 30,000 per person).
– Visiting Sri Gethuk Waterfall (Rp 45,000 per person).
– Timang Beach (Rp 50,000-Rp 75,000 per person for motorbike to reach the beach)
You’ll Always Remember
- Standing between the Buddha stuppas on the top of Borobudur temple.
- The beauty of sunrise over Java from the peak of Merapi volcano.
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into Gua Jomblang.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
What to Expect
This 3 day 2 Night Tour is an active Yogyakarta itinerary. If you’re an active traveller and you want to make the most of your time in Yogyakarta you’ll enjoy this itinerary. You’ll visit the large Buddhist temple of Borobudur and the Hindu temple Prambanan. These are two of the ‘must see sites’ in Yogya.
After ticking off these two sites from your bucket list the adventure really starts. On an overnight hike you will climb Merapi Volcano for sunrise. The view from the peak, the highest point around Yogya, is unforgettable. You’ll return to Yogyakarta in the afternoon. In the evening you’ll watch the Ramayana Ballet performed under the stars against the backdrop of Prambanan Temple.
The highlight of your trip will be Gua Jomblang. To reach these caves you need to abseil 60 meters over the edge of a cliff into a hidden forest. From the forest you trek into an underground system of caves to reach Grubug Cave, which is as large as a cathedral. In the early morning light streams through a small hole in the roof of the cave illuminating the interior.
If you want an active itinerary in Yogyakarta we recommend you take our 3 Day 2 Night Yogya Tour Explorer Tour. You’ll visit the Borobudur and Prambanan Temples, hike to the peak of Mount Merapi and go caving in Goa Jomblang. It’s a lot of fun. We’re happy to adapt the itinerary for you if you want. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.
Many thanks to Firsta for organizing our tour to Yogyakarta! Everything went smoothly as planned. Thank you as well for the recommendations on places to eat, shopping, etc. Highly recommended to anyone planning to visit Yogyakarta! It was a great and memorable trip!
Special mention to our very friendly driver, Budhi Utoyo, and our Borobudur guide, Jumal, who happens to be a great photographer!
Really appreciated lot for the arrangement and your prompt reply always. We enjoyed lot during the 3 days to all the location as per your schedule, and the locals that we talked to was impressed with the price that you offer to us. The driver Aghi always reached on time, brought us all around as per schedule, as well as per our special request to local restaurant ( we loves trying diff food), and surprise us by treat us Durian Pancake on the last day!
You make our trip so wonderful and memorable! Thank you =)
Will definitely recommend you if any of our friends or family would like to visit Yogya in future.
My name is Chew SY from Malaysia. I am coming to Yogyakarta for a 4 night/ 5days accompanying my son for his school expedition. He will have his own itinenery and I will have my own. I am interested in your programme but I will liase with you when I am in the hotel. I assume you can pick me up from the Hotel rather than the airport as part of the programme.
I am also interested, apart from joining your programme, cycling tours. Can you also recommend me a reliable and good cycling tours agency in Yogyakarta.
Thank you in advance
Hi Chew. Sounds like you have a good excuse for visiting Yogyakarta. I hope you will have a great time in the city. I just sent you an email in response to your enquiry.
Hello, i am visiting Yogya in April. Can I check if there is any possibility to customise the itinerary above? Can you email me? Thanks!!
Hi Yuklum. Of course it’s possible to adapt the itinerary for you. I just sent you an email regarding your enquiry.