The 3 day 2 night Yogya Tour is an itinerary for people want to make the most of their time in the city. Over three days you will visit both Prambanan and Borobudur temples, hike to the top of Mt Merapi Volcano, watch Ramayana Ballet and go caving at Gua Jomblang. This tour can be customised to cater for your specific needs. This tour is for people who really have energy to explore.
The price for the 3 day 2 night Yogyakarta Explorer Tour is Rp 4,000,000. The price is for two people and covers private car rental, tickets and activities. Up to five guests can fit in the rental car. Additional guests just have to pay for activities and admission tickets as car rental costs are already covered. All tours can be customised to your needs. An all inclusive package deal with accommodation at the most popular hotels in Yogyakarta can also be arranged. Review the table below for more information about the 3 Day 2 Night Jogjakarta Explorer Tour before making a booking.
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,250,000 per person.
– Guide and entrance ticket for hiking Mount Merapi.
– Special/Khusus tickets for Ramayana Ballet (tickets can be changed) with shared transport.
– Guide and entrance ticket for Gua Jomblang caving.
– Tickets to Prambanan (USD 18 for an adult and USD 9 for a child and student).
– Entrance ticket to Borobudur (USD 20 for an adult and USD 10 for a child and student).
Optional Day 3
– Ticket price for Gua Pindul cave tubing (Rp 70,000 per person).
– Entrance ticket for Trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano (Rp 15,000 per person).
– Visiting Sri Gethuk Waterfall (Rp 45,000 per person).
Hotel Accommodation: Download the pdf
– Pick up by your driver from the airport.
– Visit Sambisari Temple in the morning.
– Visit Prambanan Temple and then have lunch.
– Visit Borobudur Temple (not for sunset / ends 5 pm) and drop off at your hotel.
– Pick up to hike Merapi at 10 pm.
– Watch the Ramayana Ballet performance in the evening (with a shared transport).
– Return to your hotel at the end of the day.
– Caving in Gua Jomblang.
– Return to Yogyakarta and drop off at airport 13:00 pm.
– Go cave tubing at Gua Pindul or light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano.
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall or the beaches of Gunung Kidul.
– If you do one activity you will return to Yogyakarta at 16:00 pm.
– If you do two activities you will return to Yogyakarta at 19:00 pm.
- Standing between the Buddha stuppas on the top of Borobudur temple.
- The beauty of sunrise over Java from the peak of Merapi volcano.
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into Gua Jomblang.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
What to Expect
The 3 day 2 Night Tour is an active Yogyakarta itinerary that offers you the chance to experience the nature and culture of the region. Over three days you will visit the historical highlights of the region including the Buddhist temple of Borobudur and the famous Hindu temple of Prambanan. You will also visit some of the smaller temples like Sambisari.
Yet the 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Explorer Tour is not just about the history of the region. At the end of an action packed first day you will climb Merapi Volcano, which looms over Yogyakarta. This is a night climb, which take six hours to reach the peak. You will arrive at the top of the volcano in time to watch sunrise over the valley below from one of the highest points surrounding Yogyakarta.
We save the highlight for the last day of the 3 Day 2 Night Yogya Explorer Tour, when you will visit the caves of Gua Jomblang. To reach these caves you need to abseil 60 meters over the edge of a cliff into a hidden forest. From the forest you trek into an underground system of caves to reach Grubug Cave, which is as large as a cathedral. This is the Instagram spot of Yogyakarta. Light streams through a small hole in the roof of the cave illuminating the interior.
The 3 Day 2 Night Yogya Tour offers you the chance to experience the natural and historical highlights of Yogyakarta. Over three days you will visit the most famous historical highlights of the city, go trekking to the peak of Mt Merapi, go caving in Gua Jomblang and watch the Ramayana Ballet. This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.