Our 3 Day 2 Night Explorer Tour is for outdoor adventurers who want to see the natural and historical highlights of Yogyakarta. Over three days you’ll explore the ancient temples of Borobudur and Prambanan, join an overnight hike to the top of Merapi Volcano, watch 300 dancers perform Ramayana Ballet under the night stars and lower yourself 60 meters down into a sinkhole to explore the picturesque Goa Jomblang cave.
The 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Explorer Package starts at Rp 4,150,000 for two people. We can easily arrange the trip for larger groups and we’re happy to create a customised itinerary. The package includes a two day car rental with an English speaking driver. Tickets to Ramayana Ballet, hiking Merapi Volcano and Goa Jomblang caving are covered in the price. You can find the itinerary and more information about the package in the table below. When you’re ready to book just click on the button to make your booking.
– Visit Sambisari Temple.
– Explore Prambanan Temple.
– Afternoon at Borobudur Temple
– Drop off at your hotel.
– Overnight hike up Merapi Volcano.
– Watch the Ramayana Ballet in the evening (shared transport).
– Drop off at hotel 10:30 pm.
– Go caving at Goa Jomblang.
Choose One Afternoon Activity:
– Cave tubing at Gua Pindul
– Light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano.
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall
– See Gondola at Timang Beach
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,325,000 per person.
– Guide and entrance ticket for hiking Mount Merapi.
– Special/Khusus tickets for Ramayana Ballet (tickets can be changed) with shared transport.
– Entrance ticket and guide for Gua Jomblang.
– Ticket for Borobudur and Prambanan USD 25 per temple for an adult and USD 15 per temple for a child and student (Official Website).
One Activity Afternoon Day 3
– Ticket price for Gua Pindul cave tubing (Rp 70,000 per person).
– Entrance ticket for Trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano (Rp 15,000 per person).
– Visiting Sri Gethuk Waterfall (Rp 45,000 per person).
– Timang Beach (Rp 50,000 per person for motorbike to reach beach)
You’ll Always Remember
- Standing between the Buddha stuppas on the top of Borobudur temple.
- The beauty of sunrise over Java from the peak of Merapi volcano.
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into Gua Jomblang.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
What to Expect
This 3 day 2 Night Tour is an active Yogyakarta itinerary. If you’re an active traveller and you want to make the most of your time in Yogyakarta you’ll enjoy this itinerary. You’ll visit the large Buddhist temple of Borobudur and the Hindu temple Prambanan. These are two of the ‘must see sites’ in Yogya.
After ticking off these two sites from your bucket list the adventure really starts. On an overnight hike you will climb Merapi Volcano for sunrise. The view from the peak, the highest point around Yogya, is unforgettable. You’ll return to Yogyakarta in the afternoon. In the evening you’ll watch the Ramayana Ballet performed under the stars against the backdrop of Prambanan Temple.
The highlight of your trip will be Gua Jomblang. To reach these caves you need to abseil 60 meters over the edge of a cliff into a hidden forest. From the forest you trek into an underground system of caves to reach Grubug Cave, which is as large as a cathedral. In the early morning light streams through a small hole in the roof of the cave illuminating the interior.
If you want an active itinerary in Yogyakarta we recommend you take our 3 Day 2 Night Yogya Tour Explorer Tour. You’ll visit the Borobudur and Prambanan Temples, hike to the peak of Mount Merapi and go caving in Goa Jomblang. It’s a lot of fun. We’re happy to adapt the itinerary for you if you want. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.