A trip to Semeru is the chance to hike the tallest volcano on Java. On the 2 day 1 night Mount Semeru Trekking Tour you will pass the picturesque Lake Kumbolo, hike across the open grassland of Oro-Oro Ombo and sleep at the base of Mount Semeru. In the evening you will make the final ascent to the peak of the volcano for sunrise. This tour is a unique opportunity to hike Semeru and trek through one of the most beautiful national parks in Indonesia.
The Mt Semeru Trekking Tour is an all-inclusive 2-day 1-night hike. The price is Rp 6.4 million and a minimum of two participants is needed for the trip to Semeru. The price for Semeru trekking includes transport, the hiking permit for the National Park, a guide to lead the tour, food and camping equipment. This tour is subject to availability and early bookings are needed. Review the table below for more information about the Mt Semeru Trekking Tour before making a booking.
– Rp 2.7 million for additional guests.
– Entrance fee to Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
– Professional guide to lead the trek.
– Camping equipment.
– Food for the trek.
– Waterproof coat and/ or windbreaker.
– A headlamp if you have one (a torch is provided).
– Additional mineral water.
– Snack or energy bar.
– Register and at Ranu Pane for the trek.
– Hike from Ratu Pane and hike 10.5 km to Lake Kumbolo.
– Pass Kumbolo Lake.
– 3-hour hike to Kalimati.
– Setup tent and sleep until 11 pm.
– Sunrise on peak of Semeru.
– Pack up tent and hike back to Ranu Pane.
– Drop off at Malang.
– Rp 8,100,000 for two people.
– Rp 3,500,000 for additional guest.
- Camping next to the picturesque Lake Kumbolo.
- Trekking across the Oro-Oro Ombo grasslands towards Semeru Volcano.
- The beauty of sunrise over Java from the peak of Semeru Volcano.
What to Expect
Your guide for the Mount Semeru Trekking Tour will pick you up from your hotel in Malang. It’s a two-hour drive from Malang to Ranu Pane along winding roads. At Ranu Pane you check in with the park authorities. Once you have registered you start the first part of the trek to Lake Kumbolo.
It takes 4-5 hours to reach Lake Kumbolo where you will have lunch. After lunch you hike across the Oro-Oro Ombo Grasslands. The hike across Oro-Oro Ombo takes three hours. At the base of Mount Semeru you will setup camp and have dinner. After eating you can rest before the night climb.
The final ascent up Semeru begins after the sun sets. You start the Semeru trekking at 11 pm. The climb to the top of the volcano takes between 5-7 hours depending on how fit you are. You will reach the peak of Mount Semeru just before sunrise. Once you’ve watched sunrise from the top of Semeru you trek all the way back to Ranu Pane. You will arrive back in Malang in the evening of the second day.
The Mount Semeru Trekking Tour is one of the hardest hikes in Java. The beautiful views you’ll see from the peak of the volcano and the sense of accomplishment you’ll have knowing you conquered the highest peak in Java make it all worth it. If you love the outdoors then you will really enjoy trekking Semeru. An all inclusive Mount Semeru trekking package can be arranged through Discover Your Indonesia. Fill in the form below to make a booking.