The 3-day 2-night Yogyakarta Bromo Ijen Tour offers a chance to visit the highlights of East Java. Over three days you will visit Bromo, Madakaripura Waterfall and Ijen crater. You will watch sunrise over Bromo crater, take a 4×4 jeep on an off road adventure through one of the most beautiful national parks in Indonesia and see the electric blue flames of Ijen from the bottom of a volcanic crater.
The Yogyakarta to Bromo tour is an all-inclusive package and the price is Rp 6,400,000* (price may increase on public holidays). The price is for two people and includes transport, tickets, accommodation, and activities. The train ticket from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo is not included. We will help you book train tickets and arrange pickup from the train station. For more information about the Yogyakarta Bromo Ijen Tour review the table below. This tour is subject to availability as we only work with a few drivers and have a lot of repeat customers and referrals. To find out if we have a driver available on your travel date press the ‘book now’ button. We will update you regarding availability.
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,650,000* per person (cover the entrance tickets and additional hotel room for 2 nights).
– 4×4 jeep rental at Bromo volcano.
– Entrance tickets to Bromo National Park.
– Entrance tickets to Ijen and guide.
– Entrance tickets to Madakaipura waterfall and guide.
– One night accommodation at Lava View Lodge (superior room) or similar in Bromo (breakfast is included).
– One night accommodation at Hotel Santika (superior room) or similar in Banyuwangi (breakfast is included).
– Meals unless it is stated as included.
– Pick up at the train station (we can also pick you up from Surabaya / Malang airport / train station) and taken to your hotel in Bromo.
– Stay in Bromo area.
– Transfer to 4×4. Watch sunrise over Bromo and then climb the volcano.
– Visit Madakaripura Waterfall.
– 6 hour drive to Banyuwangi where you will stay for the night.
– Stay in Banyuwangi.
– See the blue flames of Ijen and watch a sunrise over the crater.
– Drop off at Banyuwangi for transfer to Bali or return to Surabaya (drop off at your hotel).
- Beautiful sunrise over Bromo volcano.
- 4×4 jeep ride across Bromo National Park.
- Trek through canyons to Madakaripura Waterfall.
- See the electric blue flames of Ijen crater.
What to Expect
From Yogyakarta you catch the train or fly to Surabaya. You will be met in Surabaya by your driver in your private car and teen to your hotel in Bromo. After an early night you are picked up from your hotel for the Bromo Sunrise Tour at 3:30 am. The jeep will take you to Penanjakan where you can watch sunrise over Bromo. Once the sun has risen you will hike to the top of Bromo Volcano to look inside the crater, before visiting some of the highlights of Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
The jeep driver will take you back to your hotel at the end of the tour four breakfast. When you check out you will visit the hidden falls of Madakaripura waterfall. It takes one hour to reach Madakaripura from Bromo. After parking the car a guide will take you on a hike through an alpine forest to reach the waterfall. You can go for a swim in the pool at the base of the falls, but be warned it’s very cold. Then it’s a long drive to Banyuwangi on the eastern tip of Java. You will check into your hotel in Banyuwangi in the evening.
On the third day of the Yogyakarta Bromo Ijen tour you wake up at midnight for the drive to Ijen volcano. The climb to the top of the crater takes between 1-2 hours. From the rim of Ijen crater you can see the electric blue flames of Ijen. As the sun rises the blue flames disappear and the turquoise lake appears in the center of the crater. It takes 30 minutes to trek back down the volcano to the car park. Your private car will drop you off at Banyuwangi harbor where you can take the ferry to Bali. Alternatively you can stay on and drive back to Surabaya.
The Yogyakarta Bromo Ijen Tour offers you the chance to visit the natural highlights of East Java. Over three days you will visit Bromo National Park and see the blue flames of Ijen. This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.