The 3-day 2-night Ijen Bromo Tour is a chance to visit the natural highlights of East Java. Over two days you will visit the Ijen Crater, Baluran National Park, Bromo volcano and visit Madakaripura Waterfall. You will start the tour with a midnight hike to watch the blue flames of Ijen and see the open savannah of Baluran National Park. On the second day you will watch sunrise over Bromo, before finally visiting the roaring waterfalls of Madakaripura.
The Ijen and Bromo Tour is an all-inclusive package. Accommodation and transport in East Java are included in the price. We also run Mount Bromo and Ijen Tours, but the itinerary is the reverse and it is one day longer. The price for the Ijen to Bromo Tour is Rp 6,400,000 for two people. See the table below to review the itinerary. The Ijen Bromo tour is subject to availability. Press the ‘Book Now’ button to make a booking and we will update you regarding availability.
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,650,000* per person (cover the entrance tickets and additional hotel room for 2 nights).
– One night accommodation at Hotel Santika, Banyuwangi.
– One night accommodation at Lava View Lodge, Bromo.
– 4×4 jeep rental at Bromo volcano.
– Entrance ticket to Ijen.
– Entrance tickets to Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
– Watch the blue flames of Ijen and see sunrise.
– Drive to Probolinggo.
– Stay in Hotel Lava View Hotel overlooking Mt Bromo. A cheaper hotel can be arranged upon request.
– Watch sunrise over Bromo and then climb the volcano.
– Transfer to car for visit to Madakaripura Waterfall.
– Drop off at Malang or Surabaya.
- See the electric blue flames of Ijen Crater.
- Beautiful sunrise over Bromo Volcano.
- 4×4 jeep ride across Bromo National Park.
- Visit the hidden falls of Madakaripura.
What to Expect
Upon arriving in Banyuwangi you will check in to the Santika Hotel. Your driver will pick you up at 1:00 am for the midnight tour. It is a 40-minute drive from Banyuwangi to Ijen. Your guide will meet you at the base camp for the hike up Ijen and into the crater. From within the crater you can see the blue flames of Ijen flickering against a star filled sky.
When the sun rises the blue flames vanish and you see the turquoise lake against a backdrop of yellow sulphur and grey shale slopes. After visiting Ijen crater and checking out of your hotel you will be driven to Probolinggo. It’s a seven-hour drive from Banyuwangi to Probolinggo, where Bromo Volcano is located. You will check into the Lava View Hotel in the late afternoon and have a bit of time to explore the area before nightfall.
On the second day of the Ijen Bromo Tour is another early start. You will be picked up from your hotel by the driver of the 4×4 jeep and taken to Penanjakan Viewpoint where you can watch sunrise. After sunrise you hike to the top of Bromo Volcano. It’s a great place to admire the beauty of the landscape of the National Park.
The final stop of the day is Madakaripura Waterfall. The waterfall is located in the highlands of East Java. To reach the waterfall you need to take a short trek from the car along the side of the river and then enter a narrow canyon. The waterfall is located at the end of the canyon. After visiting the falls the driver will drop you off at either Surabaya or Malang.
The Ijen Mount Bromo Tour offers you the chance to visit the natural highlights of East Java. Over two days you will visit Ijen, Baluran, Bromo National Park and Madakaripura Waterfall. This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.