Hiking Mount Batur volcano is one of the most popular outbound activities in Bali. Mount Batur trekking is normally done for sunrise and the hike takes two hours. You will start the climb at 3:30. This is the best time of the day to climb. The temperature is cool and fresh. As you climb Mt Batur volcano you will see the twinkling lights of the villages in the basin of Kintamani below you. As the sun comes up over the horizon you will get a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside.
The Mount Batur Trekking Tour is a nice outdoor activity that offers beautiful views of the Bali countryside. It is a shared tour and you can be picked up from Kuta, Depasar, Ubud or one of the surrounding villages. The shared transport will pick you up from your hotel and drop you back off after the climb. Trekking Mount Batur, Bali, takes a total of five hours. A minimum of two participants are needed for the Mount Batur hike. The Kintamani Volcano Tour includes shared transport, entrance ticket to Kintamani and an experienced guide. Review the table below for more information about the Mount Batur trek before making a booking.
– Pick up from your hotel (Kuta, Denpasar, Seminyak, Ubud and surrounding area).
– Drive to kintamani 12-1 am.
– Sign in at the base camp.
– Arrive at the summit for sunrise.
– Trek back to the car park.
– Drop off back at your hotel 2-3 pm.
– Kintamani Volcano entrance fee.
– Professional guide to lead the trek.
– Light breakfast and lunch.
– Waterproof coat and/ or windbreaker.
– A headlamp if you have one (a torch is provided).
– Additional mineral water.
– Snack or energy bar.
- The beauty of sunrise over Bali from the peak of Mt Batur Volcano.
- View of the crater lake and caldera from the top of Mount Batur.
- The feeling of satisfaction when you finally finish the hike.
What to Expect
You leave your hotel in shared transport between 1-2 am. It’s an easy drive to kintamani for the start of the Bali Volcano Tour. Although the countryside around Mt. Batur Volcano is beautiful you’ll have to wait until the sun rises before you can really see anything.
After signing in at the Mount Batur Guide Association building at the base of the volcano you can relax and have a hot tea. You will start hiking Mount Batur shortly after 3 am. An experienced guide will lead you up the volcano. Trekking Mt Batur Volcano will take between 1-2 hours depending on your level of fitness. It’s a steep climb, but you won’t get hot climbing at night.
From the top of the volcano you have an almost panoramic view of the surrounding countryside. You can have some breakfast at the peak. The guide will often boil an egg in one of the hot springs. After watching the sunrise you will trek back down Batur Volcano. At the end of the Mount Batur Trekking Tour the driver will drop you back at your hotel.
Hiking Merapi Volcano is tough, but it’s worth it for the beautiful views you’ll see from the peak of the volcano as the sun rises over the horizon. If you love the outdoors then you will really enjoy trekking Merapi. An all inclusive Mt Batur Trekking package can be arranged through Discover Your Indonesia. Fill in the form below to make a booking.