The Candidasa Chocolate and Water Palaces One Day Tour sees you exploring Bali’s eastern district of Karangasem, home to beautiful countryside, cascading rice terraces, and ancient temples. Over the course of the day, you’ll visit the ancient and imposing temple of Lempuyang, before stopping off for a dip at the Tirta Gangga Water Palace. You’ll then visit the unique Charlie’s Chocolate Factory, a cocoa processing plant on the beach, stop off at the regal Taman Ujung Sukasada palace, and, if you’re coming from Ubud, drive home past beautiful rice fields.
Our Candidasa Day Tour starts from Rp 600,000 for a 10 hour Avanza car rental. The price covers petrol and driver. Entrance fee and other activities will be an additional charge. Depending on the size of your group you may need to arrange a larger vehicle. Review the table below for more information about the Karangasem Day Tour before making a booking.
– Lempuyang Temple (recommended to get here for sunrise).
– Tirta Gangga Water Palace.
– Charlie’s Chocolate Factory.
– Taman Ujung Sukasada water palace (optional).
– Rice fields (if driving back to Ubud).
– 10 hour Inova car rental (up to 6 passengers) – Rp 700,000
– 10 hour Short Elf or similar (up to 10 passengers) – Rp 1,000,000
– All fuel costs.
– Entrance ticket to Charlie’s Chocolate Factory.
– Food, snacks and shopping.
* This offer is valid for Ubud. There may be an additional petrol charge depending on the pickup area.
- Take in the sunrise at the ancient Lempuyang Temple.
- Go for a swim at the Tirta Gangga Water Palace.
- Treat yourself with some healthy local chocolate at Charlie’s Chocolate Factory.
- Enjoy the view of the rice fields on the drive back to Ubud.
What to Expect
The Candidasa One Day Tour is a fantastic way to experience the east of Bali – many visitors to this side of the island only go to Gunung Agung, but there’s so much more to see. We recommend starting early to catch the sunrise at Lempuyang Temple. Not only is it quieter, but it’s a beautiful time of day. Lempuyang is a very important temple and thought to be one of the oldest Hindu temples on Bali.
Next up it’s a visit to Tirta Gangga Water Palace. This beautiful former royal palace is a complex of gardens, fountains and ponds dating back to the mid-20th century. Its name reflects the River Ganges, the holiest river in Hinduism. Unusually for a water palace, you can go for a dip here, so don’t forget your swimsuit!
Your next stop is an unusual one, as you visit Charlie’s Chocolate Factory. This cocoa processing plant sits on a beach in the remote village of Jasri, a little way north of Candidasa. Founded by an American expat, local cocoa beans are made into healthy dark chocolate, which you can buy as a souvenir along with handmade soap. If you have the time and the energy, you can visit another water palace, Taman Ujung Sukasada, before heading home. If you’re going back to Ubud you can stop to admire the beautiful rice terraces on the way.
The Candidasa One Day Tour is a fantastic way to get to know this beautiful part of eastern Bali. It mixes cultural visits to temples with a trip to the unusual Charlie’s Chocolate Factory. The itinerary can be easily adapted to suit your needs should you want to make any changes. To book your tour fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have an opening on your travel date.