The 5 Day 4 Night Yogyakarta Tour is for people who want to experience the natural and historical highlights of Yogyakarta. Over five days you will visit Prambanan Temple, hike to the top of Mt Merapi Volcano and watch sunrise over Java, abseil into a hidden forest and explore the caves of Goa Jomblang and watch sunrise from the top of Borobudur Temple.
The price for the 5 Day 4 Night Yogyakarta Vagabond Tour is Rp 6,100,000. Up to five guests can fit in the rental car and 4 people can fit in the 4×4 jeep used for the Merapi Lava Tour. Additional guests just have to pay for activities and admission tickets as car rental costs are already covered. All tours can be customised to your needs. Review the table below for more information about the 5 Day 4 Night Jogjakarta Vagabond Tour before making a booking.
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,625,000.
– Merapi trekking + guide.
– Entrance ticket and guide for Gua Jomblang.
– Special tickets for Ramayana Ballet (tickets can be upgraded) with a shared transport.
– White Water Rafting on Elo River. Raft can fit up to 5 people.
– Entrance ticket to Borobudur via Manohara (Official Price).
– Tickets to Prambanan (USD 18 for an adult and USD 9 for a child and student).
– Ticket for additional temples and museums (Approx Rp 150,000 per person).
Optional Day 3
– Ticket price for Gua Pindul cave tubing (Rp 70,000 per person).
– Trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano (Rp 15,000 per person).
– Visiting Sri Gethuk Waterfall (Rp 45,000 per person).
Hotel Accommodation: Download the pdf
– Pick up by your driver from the airport.
– Visit Sambisari Temple.
– Visit Prambanan Temple.
– Pick up for Merapi trekking at 22:00 pm.
– Attend a performance of Ramayana Ballet with a shared transport. Pick up at 18:00 pm.
– Return to hotel at 22:30 pm after performance.
– Caving a Goa Jomblang.
– Return to Yogyakarta by 13:00 pm.
– Go cave tubing at Gua Pindul or light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano.
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall or the beaches of Gunung Kidul.
– If you do one activity you will return to Yogyakarta at 16:00 pm.
– If you do two activities you will return to Yogyakarta at 19:00 pm.
– Watch sunrise from top of Borobudur Temple.
– White Water Rafting at Elo River.
– Visit Ullen Sentalu Museum.
– Shopping at Jalan Malioboro.
– Drop off at Yogyakarta Airport.
- Watch sunrise from the top of Mt. Merapi Volcano.
- 300 dancers perform the Ramayana Ballet against the backdrop of Prambanan.
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into Gua Jomblang.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
- Watch sunrise from the top of Borobudur Temple.
- White Water Rafting down the Elon River.
What to Expect
Your Yogyakarta trip starts the moment you arrive in the city. On the first day of the 5 Day 4 Night Yogyakarta Tour you visit Prambanan, one of two UNESCO World Heritage Site close to Yogyakarta and then hike Merapi Volcano, which looms over the city. This is a night hike. You’ll reach the summit just in time to watch sunrise over the countryside. In the evening of the second day, after a hot shower and some food, you will attend a performance of the famous Ramayana Ballet. The ballet tells a centuries old Hindu love story performed by a troupe of over 300 dancers against the backdrop of Prambanan Temple.
On the third day of the tour you wake up early to go caving at Goa Jomblang. To reach the caves you need to be lowered 60 meters over the edge of a cliff into a hidden forest. After unstrapping yourself your guide will lead you into a complex of caves. The highlight of the trip is Grubeg Cave, which is where all the iconic Goa Jomblang photos are taken. In the afternoon you can go cave tubing at Gua Pindul, do some light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano, visit the beaches of Gunung Kidul or hike Gethuk Waterfall.
The fourth day of the 5 Day 4 Night Jogja trip is a mix of culture and adventure. The driver will pick you up from your hotel at 04:00 am for the drive from Yogyakarta to Borobudur for sunrise at Borobudur. You will watch sunrise from the top of Borobudur Temple followed by some adrenaline pumping white water rafting on the Elo River. The last day is more relaxing though. You will visit the Water Palace of the Sultan of Yogyakarta and the Kraton Museum where you will learn about the history of Yogyakarta and finally some souvenir shopping before your flight out of the city.
The 5 Day 4 Night Vagabond Tour offers you the chance to visit the cultural, historical and natural highlights of Yogyakarta. Over five days you will visit some of the most iconic tourist sites in Yogyakarta. This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests. Press the button below to book your Yogyakarta adventure.