The 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Tour is for people who want a balance of culture and adventure. Over three days you will watch sunrise from the top of Borobudur temple, see 300 dancers perform Ramayana Ballet against the backdrop of Prambanan, try your hand at making batik clothing and take a 4×4 jeep tour of the slopes of Merapi Volcano. This tour is suitable for families with young kids and couples.
The price for the 3 day 2 night Yogyakarta Family Tour is Rp 5,275,000. The price is based on two people and covers rental car, tickets and activities. Up to five guests can fit in the rental car and four guests can fit in the 4×4 jeep used on the Merapi Lava Tour. Additional guests just have to pay for activities and admission tickets as car rental costs are already covered. All tours can be customised to your needs. An all inclusive package deal with accommodation at the most popular hotels in Yogyakarta can also be arranged. Review the table below for more information about the 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Tour before making a booking.
– Cost for additional guests starts at Rp 1,375,000 per person.
– Joining the batik workshop.
– Special/Khusus tickets for Ramayana Ballet (tickets can be changed).
– Jeep rental for Mount Merapi Lava Tour (up to 4 passengers per jeep).
– Guide and entrance ticket for Gua Jomblang caving.
– Entrance fee to Ullen Sentalu Museum.
– Entrance ticket to Borobudur Manohara (Official Price).
– Tickets to Prambanan. USD 18 for an adult and USD 9 for a child and student.
– Entrance ticket to Water Palace and Sambisari Temple. Cost per person Rp 40,000.
– Ticket price for Gua Pindul cave tubing (Rp 70,000 per person).
– Trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano (Rp 15,000 per person).
– Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall (Rp 45,000 per person).
Hotel Accommodation: Download the pdf
– Pick up by your driver from the airport.
– Join the batik workshop.
– Check in at your hotel.
– Visit Sambisari Temple in the afternoon.
– Visit Prambanan Temple for sunset.
– Watch a performance of the Ramayana Ballet.
– Return to your hotel in the evening.
– Visit the Ullen Sentalu Museum.
– Join the Merapi Lava Tour in the afternoon.
– Return to your hotel in the evening.
– Optional: Cave tubing in Gua Pindul or light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano or Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall or the beaches of Gunung Kidul.
– Drop off at Jogjakarta Airport (flight out, 4 pm at the earliest).
- 300 dancers perform a centuries old love story against the backdrop of Prambanan temple.
- Standing between the Buddha stuppas on the top of Borobudur.
- An adventurous 4×4 adventure around Mount Merapi.
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into Gua Jomblang.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
What to Expect
This 3 Day 2 Night Tour will keep the whole family entertained. The first day of the tour starts with a chance to visit a small village on the outskirts of Yogyakarta where you will join a batik workshop. The batik workshops lasts for 2 hours. During that time you will learn about the history of batik, traditional batik production and have the opportunity to create your own batik. In the evening you will watch a performance of the Ramayana Ballet, an ancient love story, set against the backdrop of Prambanan Temple.
On the second day you are picked up by your driver from your hotel at 4 am for the drive to Borobudur Temple. Arriving while it is still dark you will watch sunrise from between Buddha Stuppas on the top of Borobudur Temple. After watching sunrise at Borobudur and exploring the temple grounds you go to the peaceful Ullen Sentalu Museum. The tour of the Museum takes one hour. Once you’ve finished you can have lunch at the cafe. In the late afternoon you join the Merapi Lava Tour, an off road jeep adventure, on the slopes of Merapi Volcano.
Goa Jomblang Caves is the highlight of the third day of the 3 Day 2 Night Family Tour. When you visit Gua Jomblang you will be lowered 60 meters over the edge of a cliff into a hidden jungle. You then trek more than 100 meters underground to Grubug Cave. The cave is as big as a cathedral and in the morning a beam of sunlight enters through a hole in the roof. It’s an Instagram moment.
The 3 Day 2 Night Yogyakarta Family Tour offers you the chance to experience a mix of culture, adventure and nature. Over three days you will visit the most famous historical highlights of the city, take a 4×4 jeep tour on the slopes of Mt Merapi and go caving. This tour can easily be adapted to suit your interests, however it needs to be booked early. Fill in the form below and we will let you know if we have a driver on your travel date.